JOB DESCRIPTION: Ophthalmic Technician
Ophthalmic technicians are primarily responsible for assisting ophthalmologists and required to provide outstanding patient care.
* Promptly and professionally assists the doctor in patient care
* Interview patients efficiently and accurately while documenting medical and eye history
* Performs technical workups, patient histories, and special testing as needed
* Communicates with patients regarding follow-up care, surgeries, procedures, changes in schedule, symptoms, surgery scheduling, etc.
* Maintains and cleans all ophthalmic equipment.
* Report to the Equipment Coordinator any equipment that is not in proper working condition
* Returning phone calls to patients and pharmacies in a timely manner.
* Assists in minor surgery as directed
* Scribes for doctors as needed
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Possess the ability to communicate with patients, co-workers, doctors, and management while providing outstanding patient and customer service
* Has a good understanding of ophthalmic practices and patient care
* Knowledgeable in ophthalmic medical instruments and its proper care and usage
* Ability to assess common safety hazards and take precautions within a practice
* Possess exceptional time management skills
* Is a strong team player who is willing to help in various clinical areas
* Must be willing to travel to all work locations/clinics
* Must be able to be at assigned clinic 15 mins before the start of the clinic
* High School diploma or equivalent
Preferred Skills and Experience
* Bi-lingual in Spanish/English highly desirable
* Previous technician or clinician experience
* Experience performing any and all of the following:
* Knowledgeable on the current HIPAA requirements.
* Understand and uses Electronic Medical Records (EMR) systems
* Successful completion of a JCAHPO certification such as COA, COT, or COMT
Essential Physical Functions of the Job
* Must be able to remain in a stationary position 90% of the time.
* Requires frequent verbal and written communication with patients. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
* Must be able to identify written and other visual information on a monitor, ophthalmic equipment, and/or the EMR system and provide this information to the attending doctors.
How to Apply: Please email your resume along with your wage requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tallman Eye Associates strives for excellence in Ophthalmology and Laser Vision Correction. Because we offer procedures that cover so many aspects of eye care we thought you might be interested in hearing the experiences of our patients.